What’s better in life that peanut butter and cookies?…Duh! Peanut Butter Cookies?! At Norty HQ we love to treat ourselves to delicious healthy snacks and desserts as every human should, because we believe in sharing good food with good company, so why not whip up a batch of these delicious Peanut Butter and Tahini Cookies to share with your pals on National Peanut Butter Cookie day? This recipe is even better than grandma’s and that’s a promise! This batch makes 10 of the most gooey, oozey, chocolatey, fudgey yet crispy on the outside batch of 100% vegan cookies, and trust us, you’ll be left wishing you made double the mix! Once you make one batch you’ll never go back to another recipe again…Go on! Get Norty!
155g Almond Flour
¾ Cup Tahini
80g of roughly chopped Vegan Chocolate
2 tbsp Ground Flax
4 tbsp water
¼ Cup Agave
A pinch of salt
1tsp Baking Powder
- To make these scrumptious cookies firstly add your almond flour to your mixing bowl (if you don’t have almond flour simply blitz 155g of whole almonds in a blender until they grind down into a fine almond meal) and add in your tahini and peanut butter. Mix together until the ingredients combine well.
- The next step is to add in your agave syrup and salt as well as your chopped vegan chocolate of choice. Once again stir together until the batter is combined and the chocolate chunks are evenly spread throughout.
- Set your batter in the fridge for 30 minutes and allow to chill. This step is vital so be sure not to skip it no matter how keen you are for a cookie! The chilling process is how you get the delicious crispy outer shell and gooey centre.
- While your batter is in the fridge chilling, preheat the oven to 175 degrees. Next add 2 tbsp of flax meal to a small bowl and stir together with the 4tbsp of water. Allow the flax ‘egg’ to sit until the cookie batter has finished chilling in the fridge.
- After 30 minutes, remove your batter from the fridge and stir the flax egg through as well as the baking powder.
- Line a baking tray with some greaseproof paper and then roll out your dough into 10 generous cookie balls. Flatten using your hands or a fork and sprinkle with a small amount of salt before popping them in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
- The cookies will bake quickly so keep your eye on them! They may feel a little soft and under cooked at first, but trust us, leave them on the side for 5-10 minutes and they will crisp up to a perfect texture!