At Norty we believe food is about being fun, playful and exciting. We don’t do bog-standard boring recipes, which is why we are sharing this fabulous vegan ‘BLT’ crepe recipe with you today! Crepes are great fun to make, and a wonderful way to get all the family and kids involved as you pick and choose your fillings. Go on, get the pan out and start flipping.
170g of buckwheat flour
¼ tablespoon of flaxseed meal
1 ¾ cups of plant-based milk (we use almond)
1 pinch of salt
1 tablespoon of oil
Norty Smoky Maple Bacon Peanut Butter
Fresh Sliced Tomato
- Add to a blender or mixing bowl the buckwheat flour, flaxmeal, salt and oil. If using a blender add in the milk at this stage also. If using a mixing bowl add in the milk slowly, mixing with a spoon to get the batter smooth and lump-free.
- Pulse in the blender/mix together until the batter is all combined. The batter should be pourable but not too watery. If you feel your batter is too thick, add a dash more milk, if it is too thin, add a small amount of buckwheat flour until it is a perfect consistency.
- Heat a cast-iron or non-stick skillet over a medium heat. Once hot, add a little oil and spread around the pan in an even layer. Let the oil heat a little. To test when it is ready, flick a little water onto the pan and you should hear it crackle and evaporate almost immediately.
- Next, add ¼ cup of batter to the pan and tilt until the mixture spreads evenly across the base. Allow the batter to cook until small bubbles start to appear on the top,
- Repeat this process until you’ve used all the batter.
- Grab a handful of crispy lettuce, fresh tomato some vegan cheese, and a large serving of Norty Smoky Maple Bacon Peanut Butter and fill your crepe to your heart’s content.
Let us know if you test out this delectable recipe and be sure to tag us in your creations @Norty.